Dairy & Gluten-free, vegan
Once you’ve gathered all the ingredients together this is such a quick recipe to put together, potatoes roasting first, then your protein goes in to cook, making the sauce takes 2 minutes once your prepped and then greens just need a few minutes at the end!! You can use any seasonal greens you like and add rice or quinoa instead of potatoes!
Turn up the heat a little if you like it spicy and add some more chilli to the sauce. This is a perfect hit of omega 3 with the seeds and fish, protein and carbs! I hope you enjoy as much as I do, please leave your feedback I love hearing from you!
WHAT YOU’LL NEED
1 bag of seasonal New potatoes
1 bunch of british asparagus
1/2 white cabbage head, shredded
1 bag of watercress
4 wild alaskan salmon fillets or 1 block of fresh tofu cubed
4 tbsp of mixed seeds, (i used pumpkin, sunflower and sesame)
2 tbsp of tahini (or sesame oil) for brushing the salmon or tofu
For the sauce,
4 tbsp of tamari (gluten and sugarfree soy sauce replacement) or dark soy sauce
2 tbsp of maple syrup or honey
1 tbsp of tamarind paste
1/2 tsp of hot chilli powder
2 garlic cloves , finely grated
chunk of ginger, finely grated
juice and zest of a lime
3 tbsp of toasted sesame oil
- Get all your ingredients together, and put a full kettle on to boil, preheat the oven to 180oC
- Pop the potatoes in a pan, cover with boiled water and simmer to par boil for 10 minutes
- Prep the other ingredients as required, add the potatoes to a roasting pan, season and place in a hot oven to finish roasting.
- Brush the top of the salmon, or coat tofu if using in tahini, sprinkle over and press in mixed seeds to create a crust, place under the grill or in the oven for 20 minutes to cook.
- For the sauce, add to a non-stick pan the garlic, ginger and sesame oil, cook on a low heat for 1 minute. Keep stirring!
- To the pan add all of the other ingredients, simmer for another minute until reduced and sticky. Leave to one side.
- Chuck all the greens in pan with some grated garlic (optional), salt and pepper and a couple of tbsp of boiled water, sautee for 3 to 5 minutes, keep stirring.
- Plate up, greens first, potatoes on top, then salmon or tofu, drizzle a few tbsp of sauce over each plate, enjoy!!