WHAT YOU’LL NEED
400G of chickpeas, ( canned or soaked and cooked)
2 tbsp. of sesame seeds
1 -2 tsp of harissa paste (depending on how spicy you like it)
2 tbsp.of olive oil
1 red pepper, cut into strips
4 handfuls of mixed leaf salad, spinach, rocket and watercress works well here
90 g of feta cheese (cubed)
For the pickled cucumber, (optional)
2-3 tbsp. of cider vinegar
1/2 tsp of each, cumin, turmeric, himalayan salt and pepper
1/2 medium cucumber, made into ribbons using a peeler
- First, make the pickled cucumber, add to a bowl the organic cider vinegar, salt, pepper and spices and mix well.
- Cut your cucumber into ribbons using a peeler, add to the bowl and stir gently, set aside to marinate.
- To a separate bowl add the harissa paste, olive oil, chickpeas and sesame seeds, stir well until all the chickpeas are covered.
- Spread them on a baking tray along with the pepper and pop into the oven on 180’c for about 15 mins, turning and tossing half way through.
- Divide your leaf salad between 2 plates, top with the chickpea mix, sprinkle over the cubes of feta and finish with the pickled cucumber so you have a lovely layered salad.
Top Tip… if you have a little more time or want something more warming during the colder months some roasted squash or sweet potatoes make this an even heartier meal along with some wilted spinach or kale instead of mixed leaf salad.