WHAT YOU’LL NEED
1 Cup of whole oats
1 cup of almond milk
1 tsp of vanilla powder
QUICK BERRY COMPOTE,
2 cups of frozen mixed berries
1 – 2 tbsp. of honey or sweetener of choice
2 tbsp of chia seeds
A handful of mixed nuts and seed to the top.
- Firstly to prepare your oats add them to a bowl with milk and vanilla and stir, divide between 2 bowls or jars for eating on the go.
- Cover and leave in fridge to chill overnight.
- Then to make your compote add the berries to a pan with 2tbsp of water, bring to the boil, and whilst it simmer’s mash the berries with a fork or masher.
- Leave to simmer for just a few minutes before moving from the heat and transferring to a bowl, add the chia seeds and your sweetener of choice, stir and leave to cool. Then transfer to fridge overnight.
- In the morning top your oats with compote and mixed nuts and seeds and you are good to go!!
Top tip… if you have no vanilla you can use cinnamon instead, got some cooked quinoa left over from an evening meal or lunch? , use instead of oats or mix both together.