WHAT YOU’LL NEED
3/4 cups of almond butter
1 cup of mixed nuts
2 tbsp of desiccated coconut (optional)
1.5 cups of jumbo oats
1 apple, roughly chopped into small chunks
1 -2 tsp of cinnamon
1 tsp of coconut oil
2 tbsp of water
- Get your ingredients together and line a loaf tin and baking tray with some greaseproof paper. Preheat the oven to 170 degrees
- Put one cup of mixed nuts or nuts of choice (I like pecans) and your desiccated coconut on the lined baking tray, blob the coconut oil on top and place in a preheated oven to toast for about 15 mins until crisp. Toss after just a minute to coat with the oil and keep checking they are not turning too dark
- Meanwhile to a food processor add, the remaining ingredients, placing the apple in at the bottom,
- Once nuts are lightly toasted add these to the food processor.
- Blend all the ingredients together, at first pulse to combine all the ingredients, then blend for a minute or so, it should look like a fudgy consistency, not too smooth but very well combined.
- Scoop the mix into your lined tin, press down firmly, set in freezer for 30 mins.
- Remove from tin and cut into bars or pieces, store in the fridge in an airtight container.
- Use a banana or a fresh orange squeezed instead of an apple OR add in a few raisins, chopped dates or some dried fruit (great for a kid appeal !)
- Add in a small piece of fresh ginger to make it more of a raw gingerbread and a few dark choc chips!