WHAT YOU’LL NEED
2 large handfuls of fresh rocket
1 small courgette, cubed (yellow ones are great here)
1/2 red onion finely chopped
1 cup of frozen peas
1 large clove of garlic, grated
juice and zest of 1 lemon
2 tbsp of avocado oil
Dash of vinegar for poaching eggs
4 rashers of good quality or organic streaky bacon
2-3 tbsp of tomato puree
100 g of mixed olives, halved
2 cloves of garlic, finely chopped
A portion of rice mixed in with the salad.
Cheese to replace egg, feta, grilled halloumi, cream or goats cheese will all work well.
Fresh tomatoes, watercress and crunchy radish.
- Firstly to prepare salad, steam the peas in a pan for around 3 minutes, then drain and rinse with cold water.
- Add the peas to a bowl along with lemon zest and juice, garlic and oil. Stir to combine, add in rocket, cucumber and courgette cubes, stir and leave to marinade. Season to taste.
- Put the bacon under the grill on a medium heat, turning regularly to ensure its crispy. Add to a pan some boiling water ready to poach eggs. Get ready to poach about 3 minutes before the bacon looks nice and crispy.
- Once the water is completely boiled add a dash of vinegar and stir the water to create a whirlpool effect, crack in the eggs, they should come together in a ball, leave to poach for about 2.5 minutes.
- Prep your greens on a plate, top with the crispy bacon, a sprinkle of mixed seeds and a poached egg, enjoy!