This meal makes a delicious brunch or supper. It’s super quick and easy to make and is super tasty. The good thing is that you’re also likely to have a lot of the ingredients in your store cupboard already!
This recipe is originally from Delia’s ‘How to Cheat at Cooking’ book.
The recipe serves 2 but if you want it just for you then half the ingredients or double them if you’re going to make it for a family of 4!
WHAT YOU’LL NEED
285g jar roasted peppers in oil (drain the peppers but keep the oil)
4 pieces jalapeno pepper (from a jar)
1 medium onion
1 clove garlic
400g tin Italian chopped tomatoes
12 pitted black olives
- Pre heat the grill to a high setting
- Chop the onion, garlic and jalapeno peppers in a mini chopper (or by hand)
- Heat 1 tbsp of the pepper oil in a pan and ad the chopped ingredients. Let them soften for 5 minutes
- Slice the drained roasted peppers into strips
- After 5 minutes pour the drained chopped tomatoes in to the pan to join the onions, followed by the strips of roasted pepper and finally sprinkle in the olives. Season well and give it a good stir.
- Leave to cook for 5 minutes.
- After 5 minutes push the tomato/pepper mixture to the side of the pan and crack the eggs in to the pan.
- Cook for approximately 4 minutes before transferring the frying pan to the preheated grill. Cook until the eggs are to your liking!
- Serve on it’s on, or on top of a slice of sourdough toast or even with a side salad.