WHAT YOU’LL NEED
100g dates with pit removed (I used prunes)
250ml boiling water
1 tsp vanilla extract
60 ml coconut oil + 1 tsp
250g gluten free oats
½ tsp baking soda
45g dairy free melted chocolate chips
1. Heat oven to 180°C
2. Place dates in a bowl and cover with the boiling water and leave for 5 minutes
3. After the dates are done soaking, drain the water and throw the dates in a blender with banana, coconut oil, vanilla extract and baking soda. Blend until smooth.
4. Pour the banana/date mixture into a bowl and add the oats.
5. Stir until combined, then place the mixture in a greased oven-proof dish measuring about 8inch x 8inch
6. Bake for 20/25 minutes until golden and firm. Remove from oven and allow to cool for a bit before adding the chocolate.
7. While the bars are cooling, melt the chocolate chips and 1 tsp of coconut oil. Once melted, go crazy and drizzle all over the bars.
8. Allow the chocolate to set and store in an airtight container.
Makes 12 bars
Calories 161 kcal