Banana and date granola bars
Oh my these are delicious and so so easy to make!! Allergy free banana and date granola bars. Nut free, gluten free, dairy free. An excellent snack for the whole family to enjoy 😉 For more allergy free recipes head over to A Saucy Kitchen https://www.asaucykitchen.com/
Prep time 10 mins
Cook time 20/25 mins
1. Heat oven to 180°C
2. Place dates in a bowl and cover with the boiling water and leave for 5 minutes
3. After the dates are done soaking, drain the water and throw the dates in a blender with banana, coconut oil, vanilla extract and baking soda. Blend until smooth.
4. Pour the banana/date mixture into a bowl and add the oats.
5. Stir until combined, then place the mixture in a greased oven-proof dish measuring about 8inch x 8inch
6. Bake for 20/25 minutes until golden and firm. Remove from oven and allow to cool for a bit before adding the chocolate.
7. While the bars are cooling, melt the chocolate chips and 1 tsp of coconut oil. Once melted, go crazy and drizzle all over the bars.
8. Allow the chocolate to set and store in an airtight container.
Makes 12 bars
Calories 161 kcal