Spiced pumpkin and coconut soup
- Gather together all the ingredients, if using acorn squash, chop and de – seed, setting aside the seeds for later roasting, place the squash in a roasting tin with a drizzle of oil and some salt and pepper, roast on 180 degress for around 30 minutes before addin to your soup mix. If using scooped out pumpkin, chop small and add to your soup pan along with all the other veggies, garlic and the coconut oil.
- Gently fry the veggies for 5 minutes, keep stirring and then add in all the spices and fresh chilli if using.
- After another minute add in the 2 pints of stock, and the coconut milk.
- Bring to the boil, add in a generous pinch of salt n pepper and simmer for another 15 minutes or until pumkin is soft.
- Turn off the heat and blend until smooth with a stick blender, garnish with fresh corriander.
and a poached egg , enjoy!