slow cook spanish chicken
This week I’ve created a recipe in line with the detox for this week or next. You can make this a vegan/vegetarian option my replacing the chicken with quorn pieces or tofu and adding in some extra smoked paprika and olives. Turn up the heat with a bit more chilli if you want to and in week 2 of the summer body project this dish will be perfect with extra greens and rice!!
I’ve created this recipe to be made using a slow cooker so it can be ready for you when you come home from a busy day at work, if you don’t own one then can i highly recommend you get yourself one, you wont regret it! There are hundreds of great slow cooker recipes now!.
They are perfect for busy lives as well as keeping all the nutrients in the food by cooking it long and slow, especially good for perfect meaty dishes, stews, soups and i’ve even started making breakfast loaf cakes in mine too!
If you don’t have one to do this recipe then you could cook on a medium to low heat in an oven proof dish for 2-3 hours.
1. Gather together all the ingredients , peel and chop the onion, peppers, courgette, chorizo and olives.
2. Add these to the slow cooker with the herbs, spices garlic, tomato puree and stir together with a little water.
3. Add in the chicken and top up again with some more tap water , just enough to cover.
4. If using tofu and quorn I recommend adding this in about 30-40 minutes before serving just to heat through.
5. Set the slower cooker to low and cook for around 6 hours,
6. Serve with seasonal greens, rice or sweet potatoes.