Seedy crusted salmon/tofu
Dairy & Gluten free, vegan
Once you’ve gathered all the ingredients together this is such a quick recipe to put together, potatoes roasting first, then your protein goes in to cook, making the sauce takes 2 minutes once your prepped and then greens just need a few minutes at the end!! You can use any seasonal greens you like and add rice or quinoa instead of potatoes!
Turn up the heat a little if you like it spicy and add some more chilli to the sauce. This is a perfect hit of omega 3 with the seeds and fish, protein and carbs! I hope you enjoy as much as i do, please leave your feedback I love hearing from you!
1. Get all your ingredients together, and put a full kettle on to boil, preheat the oven to 180oC
2. Pop the potatoes in a pan, cover with boiled water and simmer to par boil for 10 minutes
3. Prep the other ingredients as required, add the potatoes to a roasting pan, season and place in a hot oven to finish roasting.
4. Brush the top of the salmon, or coat tofu if using in tahini , sprinkle over and press in mixed seeds to create a crust, place under the grill or in the oven for 20 minutes to cook.
5. For the sauce, add to a non stick pan the garlic, ginger and sesame oil, cook on a low heat for 1 minute. Keep stirring!
6. To the pan add all of the other ingredients, simmer for another minute until reduced and sticky. Leave to one side.
7. Chuck all the greens in pan with some grated garlic (optional) , salt and pepper and a couple of tbsp of boiled water, sautee for 3 to 5 minutes, keep stirring.
8. Plate up, greens first ,potatoes on top, then salmon or tofu , drizzle a few tbsp of sauce over each plate, enjoy!!